Bed bug treatment preparations…..
Bed bugs are becoming more and more widespread in our area. We take the treatment of them very seriously. We expect you to also take them as serious. Keep in mind that bed bugs travel on and stay close to people. Therefore, you must be careful with who come to your house, and, where every person in your house goes. And you will have to live out of tubs and or bags for a while. The following is a list of things you need to do before we can treat for bed bugs. Start in infected areas first.
- Empty closets of everything possible. Launder anything that can be, in hot water and dry on high heat. If there you have a lot of clean clothes you can skip the wash and dry on high heat for an hour. Be sure not to over load washer or dryer. Also keep in mind your water heaters capacity. Allowing time for it to reheat. Place everything else in a safe location such as a garage or room seldom used.
- Empty all dressers and night stands in all rooms using the same process.
- Place all clean and laundered things in plastic tubs or heavy duty trash bags. Put them in your safe room. They will have to remain in bags or tubs throughout the treatment process.
- Take down all curtains, and launder them.
- Remove any precious pictures and such from walls. Not necessary if in frames.
- Strip beds. Making sure there is nothing under them. Stand the mattress and box springs in a way that the bed frames, head and foot boards can be treated. As well as the rest of the room.
- All plush toys need to be run through the dryer for an hour on high heat.
- All furniture needs to be clear of throw pillows, blankets ect. and need to be in a way where they can be flipped to treat the underside.
- Clean all floors. This includes vacuuming, mopping, ect. placing sweeper bags in the trash and removing them from the home asap. You should also vacuum a bit of powder, baby, talc ect, into the sweeper. If you have a bag less, empty the canister and wash it.
- Unplug and cover any aquariums during the treatment process. You can uncover and plug them back in upon your return.
- All people and pets must be out of the home during treatment, and remain gone for at least 4 hours.
- Hypoallergenic bed covers need to be put on all mattresses and box springs. Please do not buy the cheap ones. They WILL rip and defeat the purpose. These need to put be on AFTER the initial treatment and not before.